Monday, February 15, 2021

The Equipment - Received the Headlight, Update on Shoes

The Headlight

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found a 225 lumen, 20 hour Li-Ion rechargeable Black Diamond Sprint running headlight, which I think best fits my use case. It arrived yesterday, I haven't been out running with it yet.


The Shoes

I found someone on eBay selling a new pair of size 11 men's Nike Flex Run 2016 shoes, but together with transport from the US and tariffs the price came to € 168. That's an unreasonable amount to pay, considering, that I paid around € 40 for my first pair years ago.

I've been pointed towards "barefoot" running shoes. They're not really barefoot, it's just a more minimalist design approach to running shoes. Reading up on it a bit, I've found, that interestingly Nike Flex Run 2016 adhered to many of those principles - mesh top, very light, very flexible sole. 

I went to a small boutique shop selling barefoot shoes to try them on, but they were out of my size for the Xero shoes I'm interested in. I will be going back in a few weeks, they said they will be receiving new pairs soon. 

While Nike Flex Run has become overengineered, there are other Nike running shoes, that adhere more closely to the minimalist principles, so I will be trying these on as well. Look for more posts on the shoes issue in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Test Run 4

Primary objective: test in-run nutrition  Secondary objectives: test night-time running after a full day of being awake, test trail running ...