Wednesday, January 20, 2021

1. The Idea

I've had a few ideas about physical activities in my life. Four, actually. The first was to ride my mountain bike from the place where I lived (Tallinn) to the place, where our family summer house was located (Tartu). That was back in 2005. The distance was 173,2 km. I did it by myself, no time goal, no competiton, just me and the road. Started in the morning, finished in the afternoon and got quite sunburnt in the process.

The second idea was to swim across lake Saadjärv that my grandfather had swam across in his youth. It was a 2 km swim and I did it in 2009. By myself, no competition, no other swimmers - just me and the lake (and my father and girlfriend following me for safety in a rowboat some tens of meters away).

The third idea was, that at some point in my life I would like to learn to play tennis. I stepped into a tennis hall two years ago, never having held a tennis racket before. Found some great teachers, who taught me to play reasonably well in 6 months. Well enough to win some sets against my cousin, who spent 9 years in her youth going to tennis practice.

Which brings us to the final idea, idea No 4, the one that this blog is about. The idea is to run from one end of my country to the other. I've had this idea, like the previous three, for a long time. No idea, where it came from. At the time of starting this blog, I have only a vague idea about how this should transpire. A big reason for the blog, I suppose, is to work out, whether this is actually possible. And on the off-chance that it is, to leave some notes behind, that someone else somewhere else might benefit from.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Test Run 4

Primary objective: test in-run nutrition  Secondary objectives: test night-time running after a full day of being awake, test trail running ...