Monday, January 25, 2021

The Equipment - Minor Update 1

 The Equipment - Minor Update on Shoes

I was looking around for a new pair of running shoes to start wearing in for the Run, since my current Nike Flex Running shoes will not last until summer. Read and watched some reviews and it seems like Nike Flex is still the shoe that best fits what I'm looking for - as light and flexible as possible, minimalist approach, textile top, running toe-first, not heel-first. 

I've just ordered a pair of Nike Flex Run 2019 RN shoes that were on sale. One number bigger than my actual size, just like the last pair. In fact, several reviewers recommended ordering one size above actual size. The thinking goes, that if they feel anything as comfortable as my current pair, then these will be the shoes for the Run. If not, I will use the new shoes for training runs and keep the current, well worn and trusty pair for the Run. I'll receive the new shoes, do Test Run 2 and then report back to the blog.

* actual picture of the shoe I ordered


No comments:

Post a Comment

Test Run 4

Primary objective: test in-run nutrition  Secondary objectives: test night-time running after a full day of being awake, test trail running ...